- Adams and Associates
- $28,740.00 -39,230.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
*Careers Begin Here*
If you are looking for a career with a lot of opportunity for growth and development this is it!
Glenmont Job Corps is a Federally funded education and training program focusing on employability skills and job placement for young adults, located just outside the beautiful city of Albany in Upstate New York. At Glenmont Job Corps Center, we support the Job Corps program s mission to teach eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Glenmont is currently seeking a candidate for a Cook. The ideal candidate would bring energy and enthusiasm to the overall Center, as well as a desire to be a part of educating and empowering today's youth.
Monday Friday: 5:30am 2:30pm
Responsible for the preparation of the meals in accordance to the planned menu. Ensures sufficient food is prepared, minimizing waste. Participates in kitchen clean-up to facilitate sanitizing of all food service areas.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred. Prefer two to three years of experience in food service. Must be able to obtain ServeSafe credentials.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION:
May provide supervision and training to Job Corps Work-Based Learning students. Will provide supervision and training to kitchen staff in coordination with the Food Services Manager. Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and / or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
- Supervises Food Services staff during assigned shifts in the absence of management staff.
- Oversees food serving, dining room activities and student conduct.
- Prepares food in accordance with planned menu. Prepares food in sufficient quantities and with sufficient care to meet student nutritional needs and health standards.
- Carries out instructions given orally or in writing.
- Makes recipe calculations involving fractions and percentages. Utilizes production schedule to minimize waste and to prepare sufficient quantities of food.
- Stores and disposes of food in the proper manner.
- Cleans kitchen area, equipment, and cafeteria as required to ensure sanitation and cleanliness of all food service areas.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of quality food.
- Renders good customer service skills and engages young adults.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of requisite services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- HSA/FSA option available
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership after one year of service
- Paid STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Travel Assistance and Identity Theft
*Glenmont Job Corps is not on a bus line*
Associated topics: appetizer, baker, baking, banquet, cocinera, cutter, grill, steakhouse, stove, wok cook
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...