- Adams and Associates
- $37,650.00 -68,070.00/year*
*Careers Begin Here*
If you are looking for a career with a lot of opportunity for growth and development this is it!
Glenmont Job Corps is a Federally funded education and training program focusing on employability skills and job placement for young adults, located just outside the beautiful city of Albany in New York. We specialize in helping young adults in need of additional training and education prepare for careers in a variety of fields.
Glenmont Job Corps is currently seeking a candidate to fill the role of Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate would bring energy and enthusiasm to the overall Center, as well as a desire to be part of educating and empowering today's youth.
Monday - Friday: 10am - 7pm
Assists in providing preventative and ongoing maintenance of Center facility, grounds and systems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred. Minimum one year experience in building maintenance required. Technical certificate preferred. Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical systems, HVAC systems, boilers and other building systems preferred. Must possess a valid in-State Driver s License and meet Company insurability requirements.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and / or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION:
May supervise Job Corps Work-Based Learning and Leisure Time Student Workers assigned to the department.
- Performs repair and preventive maintenance to facility and building systems on Center.
- May inspect the work of other maintenance personnel.
- Researches and recommends purchase of replacement equipment as needed.
- May be asked to oversee the training activities of students assigned to the maintenance area.
- May be asked to oversee the activities and quality of performance of outside contractors performing repairs and/or replacement of equipment.
- Conducts periodic inspections of building systems and equipment to ensure working quality.
- May coordinate activities with the Facilities Maintenance vocational training program, if applicable.
- Completes work orders as assigned in a timely manner.
- Provides student transport as necessary.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of requisite services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected. Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- HSA/FSA option available
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership after one year of service
- Paid STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Travel Assistance and Identity Theft
*Glenmont Job Corps is not on a bus line*
Associated topics: crew, floor, irrigation, landscaping, maintenence, mower, sod, street, tree, tree pruner
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...