Software Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to lead an amazing engineering team working on an open-source SDKs?
The AWS SDKs and Tools team at Amazon.com is looking for a passionate and innovative Software Development Manager to lead the team that owns the AWS C++, IoT Device SDK and common runtime libraries. The world depends on these tools to build applications which leverage the power of the AWS cloud. We are looking for a manager who is obsessed about giving customers the best possible developer experience, has extremely strong development skills, and is excited to build high-quality open-source software in a fast moving, agile environment.
In this position, you will be at the heart of AWS, frequently collaborating with AWS service and platform teams as well as internal customers from all over Amazon. You will also have the opportunity to engage with external customers online and in person as the voice of AWS in the developer community.
To succeed in this role, you should be incredibly customer focused, have a strong understanding of programming languages and expert knowledge of the developer community. You must enjoy collaborating with teams across the company and take pleasure from delighting developers with high-quality, best-of-breed development tools and libraries. Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, strategic planning, product definition, customer communication, project management for software within the team, and quality of software development process. Additionally, as our organization is growing, hiring top-notch engineers will be a key focus.
If you join us, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to lead a highly visible AWS team which enables every AWS service and developer to succeed by creating the best software developer tools in the world!
· Experience with low-level development, including C or C++.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
· 5+ years of experience managing software engineers.
· 7+ years of people management experience
· Experience leading multiple engineering teams
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience owning open source projects
· Deep understanding of networking technologies and protocols
· Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
· Passion for people management and mentoring talented engineers
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation,
Loading some great jobs for you...