American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We've spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we're not just selling insurance, we're providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we're successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees' lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we've compiled a generous benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We've also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
American National is seeking a UI Designer in our Glenmont, NY location. Reporting to the Director of User Experience, this role sits on our User Experience Team under the Client Experience Department. If you are a talented UX/UI Visual Designer who can turn ideas, concepts and interfaces into rich user experiences, this might be the position for you!
If you join American National, you will:
* Collaborate with UX team members and stakeholders to develop and articulate detailed requirements and design breathtaking user experiences.
* Be up-to-date with the latest trends in UI design and have the ability to adapt them for use on our platforms.
* Create intuitive and frictionless high-fidelity wireframes and prototypes that meet user and business needs.
What you'll need:
* 1 ? 3 years of professional experience in user interface design or a related field or any other degree or certification and 3-5 years' experience practicing Design
* Have a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, or equivalent related degree.
* Knowledge of standard prototyping and design software such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Adobe Suite and a willingness to try new tools.
* Be someone who champions users throughout the design process and can develop a deep understanding of the needs and workflows of our clients, potential clients and agents.
* Self-driven but can collaborate well within the team.
* Flexible about updating styles and adjusting layouts based on feedback and user testing.
* A passion for design and a great eye for detail.
* Proficiency in mastering design principles (typography, composition, scale, color, etc.) and applying them to your designs.
* Solid understanding of brand and capable of executing designs that support and communicate the brand value.
* Take pride in communicating your design ideas and process clearly.
Bonus Points if you have:
* Experience with mobile application design.
* Designing products within Google Material design standards.
* Experience creating and maintaining digital brand guidelines.
* Cross functional experience working with developers.
* A great portfolio that demonstrates interaction and visual design projects.
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
Learn more about our culture by following us on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @CareerswithAN
American National is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
Get Jobs Emailed to You
Sign up to receive new job alerts by email.
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
\"If you believe you can make a difference in the lives of our clients, if you're willing to work hard, if you want a fulfilling career, and if your values match ours, then I want you to work for American National. \" ? James Pozzi, President and CEO.
Nearest Major Market: Albany
Job Segment: User Experience, Social Media, Computer Science, Testing, Technology, Marketing