- Barton International
- $98,760.00 -143,170.00/year*
322 Pashley Way
Barton International is a well-established, family-owned business producing the world's highest-quality garnet abrasives and has been doing so for more than six generations. Barton began mining and milling operations in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York in 1878.
Barton is currently seeking a Technical Development Engineer for the year-round North Creek, NY operation.
Barton believes \"Employees are our most important asset\" and offers competitive wages and an exceptional benefits package. Our package includes: medical and prescription drug coverage, health savings account with employer contributions, dental, vision, 401(k) with 100% company match, life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and $255 annual clothing and boot allowance.
* Executes product and process development tasks which form portions of an overall plan formulated by either a research / process manager or an external consultant. Tasks clearly defined in nature and scope, covering areas of product development/improvement, production processes, and new knowledge research.
* Operate and maintain analytical and process equipment to conduct planned trials. Equipment includes powder size reduction by wet and dry milling, spray drying, particle size distribution measurements, X-ray fluorescence, coating equipment, drying equipment, wear testing, etc. May be required to modify or add fixtures to such equipment.
* Co-ordinate additional testing with third party vendors - examples SEM/EDX, FTIR, wear testing, bend testing and corrosion testing.
* Occasional travel to customer locations for testing and for reporting.
* Qualify new raw materials and maintain sufficient inventory of existing raw materials.
* Assembles and summarizes data from various sources, ensuring high accuracy and reproducibility.
* Works Collaboratively with supervisors and consultants to interpret the data and establish hypotheses or conclusions which allow for continued work.
The ideal candidate should have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering
* General knowledge of scientific principles
* Willingness to continually learn new technical knowledge by reading technical papers on processing (size measurement, size reduction, coatings chemistry, and coating assessment).
* Ability to write clearly, concisely and author technical documents such as technical memos, emails standard operating procedures and test reports.
* Ability to think independently and take proactive actions within the scope of assigned tasks.
* Attention to detail and conducting tasks following an established procedure.
* Analytical ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work.
* Remain flexible with changing priorities as project conditions change.
* Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and details simultaneously.
* Strong sense of teamwork.
* Commitment to continuous improvement professionally and personally.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume online at www.barton.com/careers
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Barton International Promotes a Drug Free Work Place
Associated topics: chemical, chemical engineering, coatings, nutrition, pha, phenolic, plastics, polymer, polypropylene, polyurethane
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...