Grass Valley is a global leader in hardware and software solutions that make television happen. We're focused on empowering customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. We provide the innovative tools - cameras, instant replay, signal management and more - to help customers improve the efficiency of their operations while telling better stories to attract and keep viewers. With Grass Valley's integrated solutions that enable flexibility, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability, broadcasters and content creators have what they need to sustain their businesses.
Grass Valley is just one of the many brands that make up Belden's impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world's best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.Job Summary:
To successfully operate as the technical & application expert during all pre-sales, sales engineering activity of identified target solution value stream within the NAM region, thereby ensuring the Grass Valley Sales team is enabled to deliver customer orientated solutions, resulting in increased share capture. Job Location:
US or Canada (remote based)Responsibilities:
- Identify, design and document solutions that meet the customer's expectations
Sales targets alignment
- Ensure timely and effective support is provided to the Sales team during all pre-sales activities in alignment with the company targets
Define technical propositions
- Develop and deliver solution designs respecting customer and vertical demands (across Business Units), demonstrating the relevance of the recommended solutions
- Recommended solutions will contain appropriate level of voice of customer and intelligence gathered from engagements with the customer to support the development of a commercial business case for change
- Proactively keep technical and application knowledge of Grass Valley's product and solution value stream portfolio up to date and current, keeping abreast of new technological advances in the defined vertical market(s) to ensure all aspects can be supported
- Provide technical expertise to the Sales team when listening to and understanding the needs of the customer
- Provide timely input into training materials to ensure high quality knowledge transfer
- Provide guidance to Service teams during hand-off phase to ensure customer expectations are met and any nuances are identified
- Develop and deliver technical presentations to customers, as and when required.
PoC and Demos
- Plan, organise and implement proof of concept and demos, as and when required
- In cooperation with sales, facilitate and document Field Trials in the customers network with Grass Valley products and solution value streams. Document current state, identify and missing features, leading to a Business Case for change.
- Build close working relationships within the company to ensure successful cross-functional working and timely resolution of issues
Identify key influencers
- Build and maintain strong, professional relationships with key technical influencers and decision makers with customers - both current and new target companies and their value chains.
Account planning support
- Actively contribute to development and execution of account plans to meet customer needs, as and when required.
Fact based input
- Provide fact-based input to Sales, Vertical Marketing and the Business Units to help identify new customer requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- Report progress on a regular basis, using the tools provided (SFDC, Account Plan)
- Possess an engineering / electronics degree relevant to the role
- Possess current and up to date knowledge of technologies / applications within the defined vertical(s) to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Proven track record performing a role within industry ideally within an international organization
- Proven track record in providing support to technical applications relevant to Grass Valley portfolio
- Experience of operating within the defined vertical advantageous
- Strong and current knowledge of Networking: real-time Live IP Video networks, including Routers, Multi-viewers, Infrastructure, IP network switches (e.g. Cisco, Arista) are a significant advantage
- Strong and current knowledge of Live Broadcast: Broadcast Cameras, Vision Switchers, Replay System are a significant advantage
Grass Valley thrives on collaboration with a diverse, global team developing cutting-edge software, hardware and service solutions that provide a rewarding customer life-cycle experience;
Grass Valley offers competitive compensation packages in an energizing and supportive work environment;
Grass Valley is made up of fun, dynamic people dedicated to performance and teamwork;
Grass Valley is transforming - creating innovative new products and opportunities for employees to serve customers' changing needs.
Join an industry leader bringing state-of-the-art products, software and solutions to the broadcast industry.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status. - provided by Dice
Associated topics: architect, laboratory, medical, physician, sales engineer, spinal, technical, trauma, vascular, web service