As the Service Manager, you will coordinate the work of employees who repair and maintain buildings/facilities. Also responsible for preparing work schedules, assigning work, and overseeing the work product.
Essential Job Functions:
* Coordinates and assists with responding to resident/management requests for the property. Periodically checks the work progress of each maintenance employee, assisting and providing direction as needed.
* Completes weekly/daily maintenance employee schedules, communicating assignments to maintenance staff while assisting with touring property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards. Repairing hazards or assigning completion of these tasks to the maintenance team.
* Exhibits strong ability to use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc.
* Responsible for the daily upkeep of the grounds and appearance of the property including assistance with interior/exterior rehabilitation and construction projects.
* Responsible for the upkeep and security of all property-issued tools.
* Keeps abreast of relevant industry issues, government regulations and restrictions concerning maintenance procedures and incorporates them into planning and decision-making.
* Assesses training needs of employees, provides input for needed training programs, coordinates and schedules appropriate training. Importance regarding safety and skill training for all maintenance employees. May assist with completing written property safety audits.
* Has a complete understanding and working knowledge of the company's policies and procedures. Oversee and ensure that established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, documented, followed and participation in ongoing training per BH program guidelines.
* May diagnose problems and makes repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, interior and exterior structural, appliances, and apartment make-readies.
* Assists with monitoring of resident satisfaction and ensures follow up on the results by property maintenance staff.
* Minimum of two years or more experience with progressive maintenance, safety, and all major types of heating and air conditioning, construction background including, but not limited to: foundations, framing, roofing, plumbing and electrical
* Working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
* HVAC certification
* E.P.A Certification required (Type II ? domestic HVAC systems)
* CPO (Certified Pool Operator) required
* Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a positive, team-oriented attitude
* Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
* Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
* A valid driver's license and/or reliable transportation required
* CAMT preferred or ability to obtain within the first year of employment
* HVAC, supply purchasing and bidding experience helpful
* E.P.A 410A certification preferred or ability to obtain within the first year of employ
Associated topics: call center manager, gerente de servicio, guidance, lead, monitor, operations manager, review, senior, service manager, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.