Breads Bakery is seeking enthusiastic, dynamic individuals to join our team as a front-of-house shift leader. Breads Bakery is a New York bakery dedicated to producing handmade breads and pastries using traditional baking techniques, and providing our guests with an unforgettable experience. We believe that a guest's first impression of our bakery should be accompanied by a familiar and warm welcome, and we're looking for just the right person to do it!
- Professional experience as a shift leader or relevant leadership role
- Background in hospitality and/or the food & beverage industry (>1-year experience preferred)
- Commitment to providing exceptional service and genuine experiences
- Remarkable communication and interpersonal skills, strong problem-solving aptitude, and ability to multitask
- Must be willing and able to work holidays and weekends
- Ability to work on your feet for a full shift
- Ability to lift 50+lbs during an 8-hour shift
- Necessary documentation to legally work in the United States
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- DOH certification preferred- anticipated receipt of card acceptable only if examination is scheduled.
Position Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Recognize the importance of providing extraordinary customer service and exemplifies this in interactions with customers, vendors and coworkers alike.
- Assist in all levels of the customer experience from preparing coffee drinks to point of sale.
- Report directly to the store manager, assistant store manager and CEO- assisting them in effectively and positively leading the front house team; overseeing operations in their absence and assisting in administrative and practical tasks as needed.
- Communicate with all departments and Breads Bakery locations to ensure proper inventory and quality are maintained- recognizing that every day presents varying needs and adjusting numbers to minimize waste and optimize sales.
- Maintain a clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing space in accordance with operations and sanitation guidelines.
- Oversee staff throughout shift, delegating tasks as needed, ensuring responsibilities are met and, when possible, exceeded.
- Managing cash, delegating tips, preparing bank deposits, and trouble-shooting any POS complications that may arise.
- Govern service recovery as needed with professionalism and sincerity.
- Foster a positive work environment and commitment to Breads Bakery s values.
Associated topics: director food and beverage, frontend, gerente de cocina, management, manager, night manager, operations manager, partner, shift manager, supervisor