Business Development Manager - Investor Relationships
Compensation: $150,350.00 - $150,350.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Carta, we're building the future of equity and ownership. We've changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we're transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
We're looking for an Investor Relationship Manager to play a key role in building and nurturing Carta's relationships within the investor community including venture capital, corporate venture capital, private equity and limited partners.
In this role you will be responsible for fostering, developing, managing, and supporting both existing and prospective relationships. Investor Relationship Managers act as the key point person for the Carta investor community evangelizing Carta products, future products, and establishing Carta's in-market presence while generating business opportunities for our investor services and private markets businesses.
* Create new champions for our product within each account assigned to you and track the health of account relationships (nps scores, etc.)
* Track new fund formation and company investment activity within your accounts and broader relationship network
* Use Salesforce to track and map investor contacts by firm and geography and maintain our investor contact ecosystem
* Track and attend events and news within the investor community
* Create and discover partnership opportunities with other service providers within the broader investor ecosystem (accounting, tax, banking, legal, etc.)
* Deliver Carta value proposition and training and enablement to partners
* Collaborate with business development peers to leverage contacts across geographies and create account plans for the respective partners
* Work cross-functionally across the business with sales, marketing, enablement and support
* Operate in the field as a representative of Carta, meeting with partner accounts and referrals (up to 25% travel to major metro areas)
* Existing network of venture capital, corporate venture capital, private equity investor relationships within relevant geography
* Exposure and existing contacts within the private capital markets community (lawyers, investors, bankers, accountants, etc.)
* Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills with experience meeting with C-level executives and decision makers
* Understanding of SaaS business models
* 5+ years of experience in partner programs, business development or sales
Nice to Haves
* Strong preference for individuals with SaaS and Private Capital Markets backgrounds
* Strong preference for individuals with experience selling products or services into venture capital and private equity firms
We are building the central registry of asset ownership.
Our team believes that the way in which assets are created, issued and transferred is inherently flawed. We live in a world where individuals can execute public market trades in a fraction of a second, but startups pay tens of thousands of dollars (and spend up to a month) to close a seed round. Carta is on a mission to change this by providing companies of all stages the best software to manage their ownership.
We are looking for extraordinary individuals to work alongside our team with experience from top technology companies. You will be building Carta from the ground up and helping build the world's next great financial infrastructure company.
Carta is backed by many of the best investors in the world, including Social Capital (Slack, Intercom, Box), Union Square Ventures (Twitter, Twilio & Coinbase), Menlo Ventures (Uber & Warby Parker) and Spark Capital (Oculus VR, Slack and Cruise Automation).
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...