* We have an opening for a full-time *SUPV, SHIFT - HRLY *position.
* *Location*: St John's University - 8000 Utopia Parkway, Jamaica, NY 11439 /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Various Days/Shifts
* *Requirement*: NYC Food Handlers Permit is required.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
*/Current Associates:/* */This position has a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to refer?/* / Have them apply to this posting via this direct link or at/ / and/ /ask them to provide your name in the \"If referred by current employee\" section of the online application./
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
*Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Direct the activities of associates during a specific shift and oversee that assigned job expectations are completed while policy and procedure is maintained.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Responsible for providing training and creating work schedules.
* Evaluating the performance of workers, rewarding high performers and disciplining employees who fail to meet reasonable standards of work performance.
* Prepare production or sales reports for management and ensure their unit meets the expectations for quality, productivity and safety.
* Acts as the contact person for employees with complaints or requests for time off.
* May act as a mentor, develop employees and encourage workers to set goals and strive for advancement within the organization.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 296653
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.