VP, People Experience - Equinox Media
- New York, NY, USA
At Equinox Media, it is an exciting, yet critical time for our teams, and we're looking for a VP of People Experience to lead all aspects of the employee journey from the first day onward. As our first VP of People Experience, you will architect, build and deliver meaningful and inclusive people programs, policies, and practices to reflect & supportthe amazing and eclecticpeople who work at Equinox Media.
Your work will directly impact the effectiveness, growth, and fulfillment of both employees and managers, and will inspire through leadership reflective of our core values. If you are passionate about tech and fitness, you are willing to challenge traditional HR practices and build new ones that keep the human in the experience, while furthering our values-based culture, then wed love to hear from you.
A successful VP in this role is a thoughtful, strategic executive, who brings the experience of leading within high-growth, rapidly changing tech organizations, and does not hesitate to oscillate between strategy and spending time in the finer details. Starting with employee engagement from digital to in-person, learning and development, performance success, recruiting, the office experience, as well as the companys people business partner function, this role includes conceiving and executing on new programs and shepherding existing programs and tactics that enable greater engagement and satisfaction as we continue to scale.
We strive to continually deliver the best results and focus on how every action our teams help push our mission to build and deliver products that connect people to the communities and fitness that they love every day. We believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and a more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that vision. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of fitness, technology and content, we look forward to hearing from you.
Your Work and Impact:
- Providing thought leadership with the executive leadership team and direction in every part of the employee lifecycle including talent, organizational design, change management, and inclusive and modern employee engagement practices
- You will lead the People Experience organizational design and function and have the opportunity to recruit, hire, and develop your own team
- Partner in company-wide organizational design. You will build strong trusted relationships and credibility across all levels of business line management
- You will lead the team to design performance management, talent, compensation, and internal mobility processes and communications
- Building strategic and collaborative people business partnerships across all levels of the organization that will enable our people and business to thrive as we scale
- You will identify and handle employee relations issues quickly and sensitively, exercising good judgment and discretion, and partner with our Employment Counsel as appropriate
- You will coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development, and career pathing
- You will synthesize insights and observations from across the organization to identify improvement areas in HR processes and propose solutions for addressing them
- Bring a strong entrepreneurial mindset and can get in the weeds to build operational systems from scratch (HRIS, payroll, benefits, and more)
- Supporting the development of best in class individual, team and organizational development through varied L&D, clear career pathing, and talent management programs; create plans to identify and close talent gaps in competency, knowledge, and skills for the future
- You have at least 6 years of experience managing a People/HR function within the tech/software engineering and/or media production industry; a must
- You are a creator; you have an affinity and understanding of tech start-up culture and a process to enable employees to handle the natural evolution of our culture and values
- You have strong knowledge of HR processes and policies, and demonstrate sound judgment and execution
- You have experience working in a dynamic, ever-changing business with a strong product and engineering focus
- You have a strong internal comms understanding and effective change management, written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and organization
- You can successfully strike the right balance of being an advisor to the business but also an advocate for employees
- You have a love of learning and approaching all matters with an eye for continuous improvement
- You have knowledge of basic U.S. employment law (ie: FMLA and ADA)
- Youre able to negotiate sensitive situations with confidence and finesse
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We arent just a company; were a community vested in each others success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.
Associated topics: art director, executive, floor manager, head writer, manager, principal editor, producer, production, showrunner, vice president