Fresh Direct is offering up to 4 weeks of paid training for prospective Van and Truck Driver. Training classes are taught by veteran instructors at our Fresh Direct driving program. Through our training program, you will not only learn how to drive a truck but also understand the dos and don’ts in terms of working on the transportation field. The more you know before going into your driver career, the easier it is going to transition into your position.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of recent driving experience (truck or van experienced preferred).
- Must have 1 year of customer service experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate and read in English.
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday) and Holidays.
- Must be able to work a flexible shift (mornings and/or evenings).
- Ability to complete all basic and recurring training.
- Must be able to deliver orders up to 50 lbs in weight to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time.[this may include walking up or down several flights of stairs].
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers.
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service and safety.
- Ability to utilize smartphones for two-way communication with our Operations Team.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions independently.
- Ability to navigate a route successfully & independently.
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture.
Motor Vehicle Record Requirements:
About Fresh Direct
- Must have a valid NY, NJ, CT, MD, DE, VA, DC or PA driver license.
- 3 points or less on a motor vehicle report.
- No suspensions within the past 12 months and no more than 1 suspension in the past 3 years.
- No more than 1 accident in the past three years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in the Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.