- Glenmont Job Corps/Adams and Associates
- $98,470.00 -53,240.00/year*
*Careers Begin Here*
If you are looking for a career with a lot of opportunity for growth and development this is it!
Glenmont Job Corps is a Federally funded education and training program focusing on employability skills and job placement for young adults, located just outside the beautiful city of Albany in New York. We specialize in helping young adults in need of additional training and education prepare for careers in a variety of fields.
Glenmont Job Corps is currently seeking a candidate to fill the role of Security Guard. The ideal candidate would bring energy and enthusiasm to the overall Center, as well as a desire to be part of educating and empowering today's youth.
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
Provide a safe and secure living and working environment for students and staff. Assists in the investigation of accidents and incidents with the goal of resolution and reduction of future occurrences.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred. Prefer Job Corps or related program experience. Must possess a valid in-State Driver s License and meet Company insurability requirements.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and /or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Works with Residential Living Recreation and Safety and Security staff to ensure effective supervision of the student population. Provides supervision and coverage on dorms, at the Welcome Center/Security Gate, in Recreation, on the grounds and other areas as needed and directed.
- Assists Safety & Security Department to maintain a safe and secure Center environment.
- Investigates all accidents/incidents under the direction of management and prepares required reports, recommending corrective action.
- Conducts routine safety inspections and assessments of all Center equipment and facilities to identify potential safety and security hazards.
- Enforces occupational safety and health regulations and standards.
- Conducts and documents incident and accident investigations per established timelines and requirements.
- Conducts routine Center-wide security tours and assists with monitoring and supervision of students.
- Responds to emergency situations and requests.
- Responsible for Center security, visitor control and student accountability.
- May assist dorm staff in conducting dorm inspections and searches for contraband.
- Maintains the security and cleanliness of Center facilities and property.
- May provide residential, recreation and transportation assistance as required.
- Produces quality work and completes assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- HSA/FSA option available
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership after one year of service
- Paid STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Travel Assistance and Identity Theft
Adams and Associates, Inc. is a 100% employee owned company subcontracted to run Job Corps Centers under the guidance of the DOL.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
*Glenmont Job Corps is not on a bus line*
Associated topics: casino, explosive detection, loss control, loss prevention, public safety officer, school, security, tsa, unarmed, university
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...