Director, Health Equity Policy Analysis
Compensation: $163,425.00 - $163,425.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Community Health, Diversity, and Health Equity, the Director, Health Equity Policy Analysis will be responsible for the analysis of current and proposed health equity-related policy directives and support the implementation of member hospital health equity initiatives?in accordance with state and federal requirements and best practices. This?role will support Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA) member institutions.
- Analyze federal and state requirements on hospital patients? rights; health equity, and minority health issues, with a focus on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans Gender and Queer (LGBTQ); and disabled, limited English proficient, and immigrant patient access. ?
- Provide technical assistance to a variety of hospital administrators, including various members of the hospital administrative and leadership staff, on best practice approaches to serving vulnerable patient populations in accordance with patient rights requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date, comprehensive knowledge of hospital community benefit reporting requirements and direct the provision of technical assistance to hospitals on compliant and best practice reporting approaches. ???
- Develop educational and other programs for GNYHA members, including identifying topics of interest and experts to deliver content and/or personally presenting content.
- Review and analyze federal and state health equity-related policy proposals and communicate impact, orally and in writing, to support GNYHA advocacy.
- Co-lead GNYHA diversity, inclusion, and health equity member committees and make presentations on topical issues.
- Create content and articles for internal and external publication.
- Coordinate with GNYHA community health improvement, diversity, quality improvement, legal, finance, population health, and government relations staff.
- Bachelor?s degree required; Master?s degree in health policy or administration preferred.
- 5+ years? experience working in a health care policy role in a government agency, a legislative body, at a health care provider institution, and/or in another health care organization required.
- Strong understanding of the health care regulatory framework required, with an understanding of hospital operations preferred.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills; ability to explain complex topics in an understandable manner; and the ability to facilitate large?and small group discussions.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and build relationships with GNYHA members, government agency officials, and outside organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience working on LGBTQ, language access, disability, or other health care access issues. ??
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a busy, member service organization. ?
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Strong Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Ability to travel required.
Associated topics: community, facebook, hospital, market, mba, medical center, policies, principle gift, relation, solicitation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...