Loading some great jobs for you...
Rediscover your passion for healing as you join a team of exceptional Veterinary Professionals, committed to medical and surgical excellence in an empathetic, warm and friendly environment…
Here at Harlem Animal Hospital, we recognize that our team is the foundation of our business. Through consistent growth, based on the quality of our service, we now have the opportunity to welcome a new team member who will join us in the next exciting phase of our journey.
Harlem Animal Hospital has been serving the community for over five years, and our dedication to the people and pets shines through in all aspects of our work. Harlem Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinary facility that provides state-of-the-art technology and diagnostics to prevent, identify, and treat illnesses in companion pets. Our team is always compassionate, empathetic, and honest, and we are dedicated to raising the standards of veterinary medicine. Our clients are our friends as well as our customers, and we value their commitment to us.
At Harlem Animal Hospital, we offer a comprehensive range of services for pets including wellness care, digital radiography (x-rays), internal medicine, dentistry, emergency/critical care, and surgery. We are equip with an in-house bloodwork laboratory, which allows our doctors to provide immediate results. In our surgical suite, our doctors utilize excellent anesthetic and monitoring equipment. We also have an isolation ward, which enables us to treat pets that are afflicted by infectious/contagious diseases in a separate environment from our other non-infectious patients. We provide a boarding facility so that our clients are comfortable knowing that they have entrusted their pet to the care of a veterinarian while they are traveling away from home. Harlem Animal Hospital has a groomer who performs both routine and medicated bathing, as well as cuts and clips specific to the dog's breed. With our grooming den, we hope to fully accommodate our clients and their beloved pets allowing them to satisfy all of their pets’ needs within the same hospital.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
*** We welcome graduating Veterinarians to start their careers here, ensuring a high level of support and ongoing education. And for established veterinarians we offer interesting, diverse, and challenging cases, with manageable caseloads. ***
As a Veterinary Professional you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a great Veterinarian. Here are just a few of the key tasks that you will be contributing to together with the rest of our team.
• be a team player with a positive attitude who can work well with both other employees and the clientele.
• want to remain in New York City and build their career with a long-term committment to Harlem Animal Hospital and the goal of building a standing clientele at the hospital.
• uphold the highest standards of veterinary medical ethics placing the animals' medical care as the highest priority when formulating treatment plans.
• demonstrate competence in evaluating digital radiographs and developing the appropriate treatment plans for hospitalized and non-hospitalized patients.
• have a passion for learning and constantly eager to learn new conceptual and technical skills.
• dedicate plenty of time to each individual patient and client so that meticulous detail is allocated to each medical case optimizing the quality of medicine offered at the practice.
• raise the standards of veterinary medicine through community outreach, continuing education, and the adoption of the newest medical and technical improvements within the field.
• service a diverse clientele and address all patient/client needs to the best of his/her abilities as dictated by each client’s financial situation.
• cultivate positive relationships with clients and their animals through regular communication and excellent record-keeping.
• prioritize traumatic injuries and serious illnesses to ensure that all animals receive time sensitive care.
• Educate clients on the importance of vaccinations, heartworm treatments, flea and tick treatments, and other aspects of preventive care.
• Train new veterinary assistants and other members of the support staff.
• Maintain high emotional intelligence with the ability to empathize with families.
• Possess ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
• Maintain veterinary medical license in good standing and willingness to continually meet licensing requirements.
• Strong leadership skills
By now you will have realized that Harlem Animal Hospital is a genuinely unique environment and one that encourages quality and excellence in all that we do. This is very important to us, but harmony is equally important, as is ensuring a great working atmosphere where honesty through transparency builds trust. It is time for you to make the next step in your career and join us.
IT’S TIME TO APPLY
To apply, please prepare a cover letter specifically highlighting why you think that this is an ideal role for you together with a fully up to date resume and click on the APPLY BUTTON below to submit your application. All applications will be equally reviewed.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...