External Advisor Consultant
Compensation: $173,046.67 - $173,046.67 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with over $44 billion in assets under management. Heitman's real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman's more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise - from a specific discipline to local insight.
The External Advisor Consultant will be responsible for promoting Heitman's full suite of real estate investment products specific to the Intermediary Channel.
Based out of our Chicago or New York office, this individual will possess capital markets and real estate investment knowledge along with a strong work ethic and desire to achieve as part of this unique opportunity for Heitman. The candidate will be a highly motivated professional who will thrive in a fast paced and collaborative team environment!
The role should identify the best investment strategy among the suite of Heitman products to seek client bespoke investment needs. Specifically, performance indicators will include the ability to build advisor relationships, assist in territory management and implementation of the territory and channel business plan, raise capital from new and existing clients as well as retain the assets of existing clients.
The responsibilities of an External Advisor Consultant include, but are not limited to:
* Take proactive role in contacting advisors, wholesalers (internal and external) and other centers of influence of key partner firms to foster and grow relationships and seek opportunities to grow assets under management.
* Develop regional business plan with SVP guidance that is centered around a consultative sales and servicing model and that effectively allocates time and resources toward the highest impact opportunities.
* Identify and cultivate business opportunities through in-person meetings, calling efforts, email campaigns and referrals.
* Execute a digital sales strategy within the assigned region.
* Deliver sales ideas, and educational materials to internal and external wholesalers of subadvisor partners that emphasize the importance of real estate as part of a fully diversified portfolio and to facilitate selection of Heitman as their primary manager for real estate investments.
* Assist in designing and implementing email and call campaigns with follow up. Assess results to ensure highly efficient and effective marketing efforts to drive growth of channel. This includes use of salesforce and other technology tools.
* Coordinate with SVP, Head of Intermediary Channel to develop a strategy for partnerships with firms in supporting their distribution efforts to increase sales.
* Attend industry conferences, events and sales meetings to increase awareness of Heitman brand, uncover new opportunities and develop new relationships.
* Seek to further professional education with a deeper understanding of real estate and the broader capital markets to become an advisor's trusted source on the subject of real estate investing.
* Manage travel and expense budget as part of an overall effective marketing plan.
* Communicate as necessary with Head of Intermediary Channel and compliance department on any applicable regulatory matters.
* At least 7 years' experience in asset management sales with proven sales skills and a strong track record of sales achievement
* Hungry, passionate, results oriented approach and driven to succeed
* Broad investment knowledge encompassing some alternative strategies' exposure, ideally base-level experience in real estate
* Collaborative by nature; willing and able to build and sustain strong working relationships with others both internally and externally; open-minded, discreet and humble
* Creative, out of the box thinking to connect the firm's capabilities with client needs and ability to investigate all viable options along with consequences of each
* Well-developed critical thinking and analytical skills
* Willingness to travel
* Strong intellect demonstrated by excellent academic and professional qualifications
* Smart, proactive and decisive; with strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
* Series 7 & 63/66 or 65 licenses required; CIMA, CAIA, or CFA is preferred but not required
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select "careers" under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...