Medical Director Needed at Top Facility in New York State
Post Graduate Degree
License to practice medicine in the State of NY
Experience in the treatment of addicted individuals
ABIM Board Eligible or Certified
Supervisory, administrative experience preferred
At least one year of full time clinical work experience in the chemical dependence treatment field
1. Provide the overall clinical direction and focus for the Facility in accordance with Facility policy; medical staff
bylaws, JCAHO and OASAS regulatory requirements. Use reasonable best efforts to ensure general medical and
psychiatric management of patients by qualified physicians and coordination and communication among physicians
2. Collaborate with the Executive Director and/or Administrator in: Clinical phases of new program development;
new program implementation; achieving financial objectives; requirements for and use of space for the programs.
3. Participate in education program – Medical education for Facility affiliated and other medical allied health
personnel; continuing patient/family and community education.
4. Assist with community relations related to alcohol and substance abuse services and psychiatric services – Input
into community relations plan; represent the Facility to the medical staff, referring physicians, other hospitals,
community service organizations and professional organizations through letters, networking, public speaking,
informational and educational seminars and lectures; assist with procurement of new contracts with employers,
HMOs, PPOs and others.
5. Quality Assurance – Maintain a quality assurance program acceptable to the Facility, JCAHO and OASAS;
identify area of clinical problems/deficiencies and develop remediation programs.
6. Program Evaluation – In conjunction with the Clinical Leadership Committee: develop programs to monitor
efficiency of alcohol and substance abuse treatment services and psychiatric services; monitor patient outcomes;
monitor efficiency of particular treatments; provide onsite consultation and serve as a resource to psychiatric staff.
7. Utilization – Use reasonable best efforts to ensure appropriate utilization of services, including monitoring length
of stay and use of ancillary services; assist in maintaining compliance with any necessary regulations; lead rounds;
participate in treatment planning; timely medical records consistent with all compliance regulations from OASAS,
Medicaid and JCAHO.
8. Conduct medical/psychiatric staff meetings as per Medical Staff Bylaws.
9. Serve as the leader of the Executive Clinical Leadership and Medical Staff Committees as required or appropriate.
10. Advise and recommend guidance on medical and psychiatric staff problems, discipline, quality control,
privileges and obligations.
11. Participate in the committees of the Medical and Psychiatric staff, including Pharmacy Committee.
12. Participate in the medical staffing of the Facility and outpatient clinics and emergency on-call coverage and
holiday and weekend coverage to a reasonable degree, in accordance with customary Facility practice.
13. Perform such other related duties as shall be reasonably assigned by the Facility’s Executive Director from time
to time generally consistent with other terms of this Agreement.
14. Participate in the care of the Facility’s charity cases and patients with limited physician insurance coverage,
together with other physicians, in a fair system of rotation as determined in the sole reasonable discretion of the
15. Be responsible for the maintenance of a multi-disciplinary team approach, emphasizing a therapeutic milieu.
16. Consultation on addiction matters with hospitals and affiliates of the Corporation, which the Corporation
Please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration!
Launch your career - Create your profile now! Loading some great jobs for you...
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...