Kodak is Hiring!
We are looking for a a Product Stewardship Specialist to join our Health, Safety and Environment team in Rochester, NY.
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the resurgence of an iconic global company. We combine the strength of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are focused on the future and looking for professionals with energy, ideas and ambition to help us take next steps in our transformation. We're building a culture which values creativity in all its forms, having a global perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the trust we've earned over decades of building strong relationships. Kodak has a rich heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways, reinventing itself. Kodak is truly a place where you can make a difference.
As a member of the Corporate Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Team, you will provide leadership and support to Kodak business divisions to ensure that HSE requirements are met for products put on the global market and for materials used in manufacturing. You will be at the leading edge of Kodak's evolving product portfolio and technical innovation and will have direct impact on our business success. As you grow into this role, you will:
* Employ understanding of world-wide chemical-control regulatory requirements for the manufacture, distribution and sale of chemical products to help Kodak businesses meet regulatory deliverables within commercialization program deadlines.
* Respond to customer and other external requests related to product declarations, certifications, and hazard classification.
* Monitor emerging regulatory requirements and industry trends to advise business units on portfolio impact and opportunities.
* Coordinate with third-party consultants, as needed, to enable compliance with global regulations.
* Interpret and communicate regulatory issues that will impact products and business strategies. Coordinate with legal and business resources to develop strategies to address regulatory concerns.
* Lead efforts to establish and improve HSE work processes.
* Experience or interest in acquiring regulatory knowledge and developing competency with respect to global regulations governing chemical management, chemical hazard communication, chemical use, dangerous goods transportation, and banned/ restricted substances.
* The ability to learn new tasks quickly, multitask and prioritize work
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
* Good judgment, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Able to interpret, summarize and communicate complex information to achieve results
Education and Experience:
* BS Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bio-Chemistry or related technical field with strong chemistry knowledge
* 0-3 years of relevant product stewardship or chemical regulatory work experience