Our client, a leading medical product supplier, is looking for a Electro-Mechanical Designer.
JOB PURPOSE: Printed circuit board layout design, cable harness design, product testing, and maintaining an electronic development prototype lab.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Electro/mechanical design for new product development, including PC board design and component interconnection / cable harness design.
- Responsible for the component selection process including interacting with vendors.
- Generate specifications and manufacturer's part numbers for production release of electronic components; incorporate these into new parts lists.
- Responsible for specification drawings of electro/mechanical designs using CAD software.
- Procure, build and debug prototype PC boards and cable harnesses for new product development.
- Testing of new and existing products, including full working knowledge of the products.
- Maintain an inventory of tools, test equipment, and components necessary to support electronic product development. Maintain the Electronic Development Lab.
- Design, build, test and maintain electrical manufacturing test fixtures as required.
Associates Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent experience required plus a minimum of five (5) years of applied experience using design tools (Orcad Schematic Capture and Orcad Circuit Board Design Tools are preferred), applying DFM (Design for Manufacturing) techniques. Experience in prototype fabrication techniques and effective communication and mechanical skills are also required.