Essential Job Functions:
- This position is for a technician who will be working in the assembly and test area of M45 in Niagara Falls.
- Under minimal day-to-day supervision, employee will exercise a high degree of judgment and be responsible for the assembly and testing of liquid propulsion rocket engines, propulsion systems, and their components, including injectors, valves, chambers, heaters, sensors, tanks, etc.
- Technician will perform water flow testing, pressure testing, leak checks, electrical testing, and flushing/cleanliness checks.
- Technician will perform cable assembly, harnessing, crimping, soldering, welding, and connector installation.
- Must use portable instruments to trouble shoot and repair. Technician will operate gages, transducers, flow meters, force systems, data acquisition systems, mechanical measuring equipment, torque wrenches, etc.
- Technician must be able to read mechanical drawings, and work to controlled documentation.
- Duties will be performed in a shop and laboratory environment.
- The majority of work will occur in a class 100,000 clean room. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee may be exposed to mechanical, electrical, or chemical processes requiring use of protective eyewear and PPE.
- High School graduate with seven years related experience, or Associate's degree with five years related experience.
- AA degree or equivalent should be relevant to the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Must demonstrate a high level of expertise in the use of electronic and mechanical tools, and diagnostic test equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical/electro-mechanical and electronic component/circuits fabrication and repair techniques.
- Requires knowledge of the characteristics, properties, uses and safe handling of electricity, chemicals, gases and cryogenic fluids.
- Requires general knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and calibration of test equipment. Must be able to attain certifications for crimping, soldering, and welding.
Associated topics: compliance, debug, h/w test, h/w test engineer, hardware test, hardware test engineer, prove, test, test engineer, troubleshoot