Mohawk Industries provides a premium level of service with its private fleet and more than 250 local distribution locations. All equipment is safe and professionally maintained. Mohawk Drivers receive excellent benefits-health, dental, holiday, 401k, tuition reimbursement, college bound savings program & much more!
On Site Hiring Event!
Saturday January 12th 9am to 2pm
150 Western Rd
Kearny NJ 07032
Bring your resume and be ready to interview!
3rd Shift (start at 9 PM)
Run to Eldersburg, MD
Average $1200 per week
$6000 Sign On Bonus
Give us a call at 866-###-####!ResponsibilitiesA Mohawk Shuttle Driver is responsible for delivering Mohawk products (carpet, wood, ceramic tile, vinyl, pad, sundries) safely and efficiently.
- Completes pre-operational and post-operational inspections on all job related equipment to include tractors, trailers and off-loading devices
- Completes required DOT and company related paperwork
- Communicates with regional transportation personnel at regular intervals throughout route
- Delivers product to location (warehouse or meet point) at agreed upon times
- Communicates delivery specific information to transportation personnel to aid in territory planning and route maintenance
- Operates equipment and adheres to all safety regulations and requirements sent forth by Mohawk Industries, in addition to those mandated by local, state or federal laws
- Must be willing to cross-train on other jobs
- Any other duty or assignment requested by management
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledDrug-Free/Tobacco-Free Workplace
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license (CDL)
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must have a minimum of 6 months recent and verifiable commercial driving experience (with a semi-tractor & trailer) and be familiar with the region
- Must pass a pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen (and receive a medical certification of at least 1 year), a skills (driving) assessment and a physical agility assessment
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written, and have good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and manage time effectively
- Must be able to safely operate equipment in all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs., unassisted, several times throughout the workday
- Must be knowledgeable of DOT regulations
- Must be willing and able to work extra hours or different shifts as necessary
- Must have ability to operate Intermec handheld equipment and e-logs
- Must be able to handle challenging or difficult situations, including with customers
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently
- Must meet all the qualification requirements of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Parts 383 and 391
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures on a frequent basis
Sign on bonus is paid out in 3 payments over the course of the first year of employment:
$2000 at 90 days, $2,000 at 6 months and $2,000 at 1 year. If employment is terminated at any time during the first year of employment, any remaining bonus payments will not be paid.About Mohawk
Mohawk Industries has been a trusted name in carpets for more than 130 years and is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Columbia, Century, Dal-Tile, American Olean and Quick-Step. Mohawk's unique merchandising and marketing assist our customers in creating the consumers' dream.
Associated topics: chofer clase a comercial, choferes clase a, class a truck, company truck driver, company truck driving, flatbed driver, hazardous material, over the road driver, regional driving, tanker truck driver