Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Mroads is looking for a "Cloud Architect" for one of the direct client in New York City, NY.
Key Skills: AWS, Azure, Cloud migration experience, Devops
- Experience leading technical design sessions, architecting and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with business objectives, and identifying gaps between the client's current and desired end-states
- Extensive experience migrating workloads from on-prem and CSP’s with minimal downtime (includes a full spectrum of lift and shift to complete re-platforming scenarios), or building hybrid-cloud solutions based on containerization technologies, such as Kubernetes
- Create repeatable architecture frameworks to support cross-functional initiatives, identify weaknesses and create paths for improvements.
- Experience with automation technologies including Terraform, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, AWS Cloud Formation or Microsoft Azure Automation
- Guide the design and implementation of appropriate environments for prod/non-prod applications, including configuration management, environment orchestration, and release management procedures.
- Produce a high level and detailed design documentation. Produce detailed engineering documentation and specifications for implementation.
- Work closely with analysts, strategists, business users, and product management. Document related technical requirements. Quantify the impact of business and technical requirements on capacity, resiliency, and design.
- Utilize discovery and migration tools to plan and implement changes and upgrades before they become critical or impact the business.
- Uncover and assimilate information about the client ecosystem. Identify gaps in this information and produce reports to facilitate the collection of any missing data. Collect and document missing information.
- Previous enterprise experience working on complex projects in implementation, engineering, design and architecture roles
- Expert knowledge of two of three major CSP’s (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Advanced knowledge of cloud networking including VPCs, Subnets, VNets, Hub and Spoke designs, Transit Gateway, Shared VPC, general routing (BGP), etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of security including Security Groups, NACL, WAF, Guard Duty, ACM, Encryption, Key Management, Shared Responsibility, etc.
- Experienced on implementations of EC2, S3, Buckets, Compute Engine, IAM, SNS, SQS, RDS, VPC, Storage Gateway, CDN and the integration of those services as well as other AWS offerings
- Robust Infrastructure as code knowledge (CloudFormation and Terraform)
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines and using tools such as Azure DevOps, Code Pipeline/Code Deploy, Jenkins, Git, BitBucket, Bambo
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, MS SQL, RDS, Azure Cosmos DB or PostgreSQL
- Experience with tools such as:
- Migration / DR tools - CloudEndure, Azure Migration Tools, Google Migration
- Cost and Inventory - CloudHealth, CloudCheckr, RightScale
- Orchestration - Cloudify, ServiceNow
- Verbal and written communication skills required for delivering technical presentations/solutions to the project team and leadership
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation
- Enterprise knowledge of computing, storage, network and application stacks
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Engineering highly desired
Loading some great jobs for you...