- NESCO Resource
- $52,550.00 -94,120.00/year*
591 Fishell Rd
Exciting opportunity with a local company in the cutting edge medical device and pharmaceutical research industry!
MEDIA PREPERATION SPECIALIST
Responsible as part of a team for the media preparation operation in the microbiology department in support of the medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION, EXPERTISE and EXPERIENCE:
- Preparation, coordination and scheduling of media loads and ancillary/associated activities in support of microbiology department.
- Participates in the daily activities, including testing, associated with sterilization of media and materials for testing and general support to the Microbiology Department.
- Participates in media-related equipment validation/qualification.
- Notifies appropriate individuals when maintenance of the sterilizer and related equipment is needed.
- Reviews and approves media related paperwork and logbooks.
- Performs routine water testing. Reviews and approves results as appropriate.
- Schedules and performs steam 'exposure only cycles.
- Reviews and approves autoclave cycle printouts and associated paperwork as needed.
- Oversees daily functioning of purified water system. Notifies appropriate individuals when maintenance of the system is needed.
- Prepare/review SOPs as needed.
- All other tasks as assigned by management.
High School diploma and laboratory experience. Aseptic technique and basic laboratory procedures such as dilutions, plating, and plate counting. Attention to detail and organizational skills are important to this role. COMPUTER SKILLS:
Computer skills and experience helpful.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Good verbal and oral communication skills. Ability to understand written instructions and SOP's. Ability to record test data accurately.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Must be able to use metric.REASONING ABILITY:
Must be able to schedule tasks, organize time and plan ahead. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, use hands to manipulate objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color, and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Typical laboratory setting hazards (with controls in place) and moderate noise levels exist. Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...