- New York City School Construction Authority
298 Fares Rd
The Architect A reports to a Managing Architect or Managing Engineer, or a higher assignment level Architect or Engineer, and is responsible for performing work in a variety of assignments and technical roles, as needed, to achieve the objectives of the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall architectural coordination for projects; performs and/or supervises the preparation of scope, pre-schematic, schematic, preliminary and construction documents, including reports, drawings and specifications. Works with a wide range of technical, professional, managerial and support personnel as well as outside consultants, contractors, vendors and various government agencies.
- May function as project or team leader, reporting to Managing Architect or Engineer to plan and coordinate work with other Architects and Engineers; may direct Associate Architects/Engineers and Architectural/Engineering Technicians, working on several less complex design projects, up to and including small primary schools, partial modernizations, additions, leased space planning and Capital Improvement Projects.
- Conducts site observations, prepares field reports, assists in the preparation of punch lists and supervises the review of contractor's submittals.
- Performs design review for architectural portions of assigned projects.
- May be required to sign, seal and file architectural drawings and sign other documents.
- May serve as a member of project teams.
- Maintains and develops general understanding of engineering principles.
- May provide input, if requested, in employee performance evaluations.
- Performs related tasks.
- Valid New York State registration as an Architect. Current NYS registration must be maintained for duration of employment.
Department: VP Architecture & EngineeringDivision: A/E In-House Design Studio
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL CANDIDATES*PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT
Position #: 0470-496FY1900609
*Subject to the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the appointmentrate for any newly hired employee, or employees with less than two years of activeCity or SCA service, shall be 15% less than the applicable minimum or step.
Job Title: Architect - A
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $66,739.00 - $104,054.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 30-30 Thomson Ave, Long Island City, New York
Associated topics: architecture, backend, c, c#, design, develop, perl, project architect, senior software developer, senior software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...