- New York City School Construction Authority
- $133,820.00 -169,860.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
298 Fares Rd
The Finance Specialist reports to a Manager of Finance and is responsible for performing a range of financial management tasks in the areas of accounts payable, budget, financial registration, accounting, payroll and timekeeping.
This position is in the Finance Encumbrance Group
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews internal financial systems, databases, and/or documents for accuracy and completeness; Reviews and encumbers Construction Contracts, Consulting Contracts and Supplemental Agreements in Oracle Financial;
- Approves transactions received via ORCMS and PCM interface link to Oracle.Verifies appropriate award for each requisition and distributes funds to multiple low level numbers for requirement contracts;
- Reconciles basic discrepancies between internal financial systems, databases, and/or documents;
- Assist with FMS3, ORACLE, PCM and ORCMS reconciliations. Provide accurate information to ensure efficient resolutions to any problems identified between FMS3, Oracle and Source systems;
- Creates new purchase orders from approved work authorizations and revises existing purchase orders from approved requisitions;
- Exchanges financial information with external organizations/agencies and verifies its accuracy; Reviews and verifies completeness and accuracy of the Capital Purchase Order documents submitted from the Department of Education. Creates new purchase orders and modifies existing purchase orders from the approved document;
- Provides customer service to internal and external constituents;
- Reconciles basic discrepancies between internal and external financial systems, databases, and/or documents;
- Reviews and verifies the completeness and accuracy of the change order documents received from the Change Order Unit.Approves Construction Change Order transactions received via PCM interface link to Oracle;
- Processes and sends the daily transaction document files via the FMS2000 upload to the City's Financial Management System.Verifies document records sent to FMS3 via upload process.Investigates any discrepancies and processes the necessary corrections for rejected transactions;
- Generates financial reports for use by senior management;
- Performs transaction research & initiates correcting journal entries for funding mischarges.Obligates the encumbrance part of journal entry & performs FMS3 online action;
- Assists in training co-workers in regards to the relevant Division's procedures for the financial processes performed by that Division;
- Special projects may be assigned by a Finance Specialist B, Senior Finance Specialist, Finance Manager or Director;
- May supervise individuals in the title of Assistant Finance Specialist;
- Assists in filing, archiving, and distribution of financial documents; performs specific duties based on assignment to a department, division, or unit within the NYCSCA.
- Basic and working knowledge of accounting principles;
Level A Requires:
- Baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; computer literacy; and TWO years of full time experience in accounting, payroll, timekeeping, or a budget related area; ONE year must have been in an administrative or supervisory capacity; or
- A satisfactory combination of education (High School Diploma / GED at the minimum) and experience.
Level B Requires:
- Baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; computer literacy; and FOUR years of full-time experience in accounting, payroll, timekeeping, or a budget related area; TWO years must have been in an administrative or supervisory capacity; or
- Satisfactory combination of education (High School Diploma / GED at the minimum) and experience will be considered.
Salary for Level A: $57,023.00 (Appointment Rate) - $65,576 (Incumbent Rate)Salary for Level B: $66,270.00 ((Appointment Rate) - $76,211 (Incumbent Rate)
*Subject to the provisions of the collective Bargaining Agreement, the appointment rate for any newly hired employee or employees with less than two years of active City or SCA service, shall be 15% less than the applicable minimum. Appointment rate is $57,023.00 or $66,270.00.
Department:VP Finance and Human ResourcesDivision: Fiscal Services
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL CANDIDATESPROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT
Position #: 3-2335-310FY1900617
Job Title: Finance Specialist - A/B (Encumbrance)
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 07/15/19 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 30-30 Thomson Ave, Long Island City, New York* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...