Assures the quality of processes and products by performing audits, inspections, tests, defect analysis, trend analysis, programming & troubleshooting inspection equipment, calibration maintenance, and reporting on results of measurement standards. Assures consistent quality of suppliers and production by validating processes; providing documentation from measurement analysis, and helping departments understand the interpretation of collected data. Jobs that provide engineering technical support in this field should be assigned to this job family.
* Lead and coordinate customer quality complaint resolution with manufacturing plant.
* Direct interface to customer to retrieve accurate complaint information.
* Arrange samples for manufacturing plant analysis.
* Register complaints in Pilgrim, track and closure.
* Lead the manufacturing plant for root cause investigation.
* Review CAPA from manufacturing plant to determine the robustness. Work with manufacturing plant to define customer acceptable CAPA.
* Review 8D from manufacturing plant. Customize customer version of 8D (in local language if needed) report.
* Understand & filter sensitive and IP related information.
* Present 8D report directly to customer (face to face if possible).
* Work with manufacturing plant for any follow up requests and data from customer.
* Ensure closure of complaints.
* Direct interface to customer to retrieve accurate information.
* Provide speedy responses to customers based on his/ her knowledge about the manufacturing.
* Work with manufacturing plants to provide the appropriate responses to customers.
* If needed, arrange samples to manufacturing plants or SLS for analysis.
* Provide responses or presentation directly to customers (face to face if needed).
* Coordinate with the manufacturing site to provide proper responses to customer survey or self-assessment.
* If any previous survey & self-assessment, he or she should attempt to fill in the survey or self-assessment as much as possible before reaching out to manufacturing plant.
* If the survey or self-assessment involves multiple manufacturing plants, he or she needs to consolidate and compile as one Palls response.
* Work with individual manufacturing plant to implement QMS improvement requests from customers. Provide appropriate responses to customers if implementation is not feasible.
* Work with manufacturing plants and Corporate E.H.S & Legal Team to provide declarations or responses to customers on regulatory compliance issues, such as EICC, RoHS, REACH & EPA.
* If the survey or declaration involves multiple manufacturing plants, he or she needs to consolidate and compile as one Palls response.
* Understand the changes from the manufacturing site or project owner.
* Work with Sales Team to customize a suitable customer notification package or White Paper.
* Presentation to customer (face to face if possible).
* Follow up on further customer requested info. and data.
* Bachelors degree required Engineering preferred
* Customer quality or manufacturing quality experience is preferred.
* Good knowledge in statistical tools (such as SPC, MSA, Pareto, ANOVA etc.) and quality tools (such as FMEA, Cause and Effect Diagram, 8D etc.) preferred
* Proficient in software such as PowerPoint and Excel required
* Minitab is preferred
* Excellent in English communication skill both in speaking and writing is required. Additional language (such as Japanese or Chinese) will be preferred.
* Preferred - 2 years experience in a Quality Engineering role within a manufacturing environment.
* Preferred - 2+ year knowledge of SPC with validating control charts and interpreting results and make recommendations to improve.
* Preferred - Knowledge of ISO 9001 standard and certified QMS auditor will be an advantage
* Communications Good communication skill in both speaking and writing with all levels within the organization as well as customers. Must able to communicate well with personnel in overseas manufacturing sites and offices.
* Resourcefulness Ability to source for information from multiple channels and verify the validity of the information received.
* Knowledge Ability to learn and understand Palls wide range of products, product nature, customers applications, manufacturing processes to be able to handle issues internally and externally.
* Organized - Ability to multitasking and to organize efficiently with good time management. Set priorities to urgent and critical issues and yet maintaining an oversight to the less urgent matters. Must able to manage and work with personnel from overseas with different time zones.
* To work safely and to comply with the companys health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures.
* Demonstrate both the hard skills and soft skills in the workplace.
* Work within the guidelines of Danahers core values:
* Charts the Course
* Drives Innovation and Growth
* Leads Through DBS
* Builds People, Teams, and Organizations
* Acts with Integrity
**Primary Location: **North America-North America-United States-NY-Cortland **Work Locations: ** **Job: **Engineering **Organization: **Pall Corporation **Schedule: **Full-time
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.