As a Contract Manager you will be accountable for having a general working knowledge of the pharmaceutical and managed care industry. You will be responsible for preparing contract offers based on complex data analysis, identifying risks, and developing strategic recommendations for presentation and approval to upper management. You will be responsible for your specific assigned accounts, the analytics and contract lifecycle management. This role is project management oriented in that you will work with a large cross-functional team. You will work within the laws and regulations governing the pharmaceutical industry and Pfizer Policies.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be expected to have the ability to learn or have a general working knowledge of Managed Care (Commercial, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Healthcare Insurance Exchange), Specialty Contracting channels (Specialty Pharmacy, Hemophilia Treatment Ctrs, Specialty Distributors), Institutional systems (GPO, LTC, hospital), general concepts of healthcare law and regulations, and how Government Pricing may be impacted by Commercial contracting, in order to develop contract proposals and agreements that maximize product utilization and profitability while ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations, pricing guidelines, portfolio management, and brand strategy.
- You will develop contract proposals and agreements based on your analysis of profit/loss, ROI, product and market trending analysis, using Pfizer modeling systems, as well as Microsoft Office, Business Objects (BO), FLEX, and SAP, and present recommendations to upper management for approval; assistance and support from Sr. Contract Manager, Director/Team Leader, and Strategy Leads may be necessary. You may be involved in, in collaboration with additional Pfizer personnel, direct negotiations with Pfizer customers. You may need to provide additional analysis and documents based on said negotiations. You will be responsible for developing the contract offer, administer the executed agreement and manage contracts during their term, develop any amendments or communications to the customer that may be necessary, track contract lifecycle and product offers, analyze contract performance and report the results to Management. You will assist, in collaboration with internal stakeholders, the development of the annual operating budget and quarterly accrual/formulary tracking updates.
- You will build and foster relationships with many cross-functional teams such as Contract Strategy, Legal, Trade, Sales, Account Management, Product Brand Teams, Rebate Administration , Contract Operations, Business Technology, Government Pricing, Customer Service, Global Financial Services, Corporate Finance, Customer Analytics, and the Pfizer Business Units, in order to successfully manage the contract development lifecycle.
- You may be tasked with any of a number of special projects that may be collaborative or single contributor in scope. These special projects may be assigned or individually developed out of the need for process improvement, increased operational efficiency, or training needs as they may arise.
- You will work with a large cross-functional team including Contract Strategy, Legal, Trade, Sales, Account Management, Product Brand Teams, Rebate Administration, Contract Operations, Business Technology, Government Pricing, Customer Service, Global Financial Services, Corporate Finance, Customer Analytics, and the Pfizer Business Units.
- Required education: BA
- Preferred education but not required: MS, MBA
- Relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, managed care, or contracting: 6 - 9 years if BA, 4 - 7 years if MS, MBA
- Comfortable working under constant deadlines, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to act without having the total picture
- Demonstrated effective collaboration with teams across an organization to drive processes and operations
Technical Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel including proficiency with pivot tables, charts, formulas, and proficient working with large data files
- Demonstrated skills in analytical modeling
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Ability to learn Pfizer contracting -related systems/tools such as Base Model, Contract Development Activity Tracker (CDAT), FLEX, Business Objects (BO), and SAP
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Additional Offer Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: March 12, 2019
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: ccna, cisco, cloud, code review, computer science, perl, sysadmin, topology, troubleshoot, vpn