QuadPay is one of the fastest-growing payments company in New York City and is transforming the way consumers, and particularly millennials, pay for their purchases online and in-store.
Using QuadPay allows consumers to split their purchases into 4 interest-free installments over 6 weeks, receiving the product or service up front it is simple, transparent with no catches.
The General Counsel at QuadPay will be a critical member of the leadership team, responsible for leading and coordinating all legal, regulatory, and contracting matters. You will also help QuadPay deliver consumer focused financial and lending products whilst ensuring the company is compliant with any regulations governing the categories in which we operate.
You will proactively assess legal risk and use your extensive experience to provide smart, practical guidance to the company, and execute on agreed strategy.
The role will be conducted from our New York City office and will report to the CEO.
- Establish understanding and knowledge of all related category regulation while also leveraging outside counsel for specific advice from time to time. In particular, clear understanding of Reg Z
- Manage all of QuadPay s outside counsel in an efficient and economic manner, and Interface with external parties (outside counsel, regulators, client legal departments)
- Help ensure compliance with relevant regulation
- Independently draft, revise and negotiate all commercial contracts with stakeholders and support the documentation process of any future funding rounds (debt or equity)
- Provide business-minded legal advice to senior leadership and teams throughout QuadPay.
- Manage a wide variety of other demands and projects, large and small, that arise in a growing in-house legal department.
- 8+ years of work experience in corporate transactional work, with 4+ years of experience in an operating business as Associate General Counsel or General Counsel
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, employment law, etc.).
- Experience managing outside legal counsel cost effectively.
- Proven track record of success in the general counsel role.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions transactions, equity raisings and or debt financing
- Bachelor's Degree and JD required.
- Ability to work autonomously, judgement to prioritise effectively and execute on deliverables
- Exceptional negotiation skillset with the ability to draft complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach.
- Demonstrate sound business acumen and judgement, balancing risk management with business goals
- Admission and member in good standing of the bar of New York or the necessary qualifications to register as in-house counsel.
- Ability to thrive is a high growth, fast paced tech environment
- Preference for experience working in a consumer focused fintech and/or consumer lending business (familiarity with Reg Z)
Employee Options Scheme, which means all employees have a meaningful stake in the business
Generous leave entitlements
Generous staff referral program
Associated topics: analyse, analyze, business, business finance, business intelligence, consult, examiner, financial reporting analyst, investment fund, law
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...