Customer Success Manager - Lex Machina -NYC
Location: New York, United States
Customer Success Manager
As the Customer Success Manager your key roles and responsibilities will include:
+ Proactively managing, protecting and growing revenue of Lex Machina to existing customers within an assigned territory/set of accounts in the NYC area.
+ Developing and executing a defined account management strategy that drives retention, renewal, and adoption.
+ Successful implementation of customer and trial onboarding (including product set-up, id troubleshooting, training, etc.), enhanced support, on-going maintenance, usage analysis and usage driving activities of assigned Lex Machina customer accounts
+ Deliver a superior customer experience for Lex Machina and thereby support the businesses' NPS and renewal goals.
+ Create programs which are designed to help Lex Machina users get the most value from Legal Analytics by identifying opportunities and strategies to improve their business, drive action, and achieve results by using Lex Machina's data-driven insights
+ Understand user's business needs/expectations and goals so deeply that everything the CSM does is about helping them achieve/exceed those goals
1. Meet or exceed monthly and annual retention goals
2. Identifies and targets revenue/growth opportunities within an assigned territory/set of accounts; develops and implements a detailed strategic account management plan to demonstrate how to maximize those revenue opportunities
3. Optimize Customer Lifecycle Plan to maximize revenue growth and retention by developing tactics/approaches that will drive the model
4. Manage existing customer relationships and implement programs and tools to drive retention, revenue growth, and upsell opportunities.
5. Take a proactive approach in growing usage and enabling customer success.
6. Identifies key contacts and decision makers within a customer organization and develops strong relationships with those contacts
7. Owns the relationship with the customer and is responsible for the overall health/status of the relationship
8. Create a persistent focus on the customer in the customer-facing actions the company takes
9. Proactively provides customer and product feedback to other parts of the organization (e.g. Product, Marketing, and Sales), specifically, issues related to product performance and product or content gaps as well as any competitive feedback received from customers; any feedback that can impede or hinder retention and renewal
10. Assists in contract renewal and negotiates/renegotiates contracts
11. Conduct Strategic meetings with account decision-makers. This includes business reviews/customer success updates, onboarding meetings, and Lex Machina workflow meetings.
12. Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of Lex Machina including the ability to articulate competitive differentiators and our value proposition
13. Develop, implement, and execute training and onboarding plans and programs to ensure customer success (renewals, paid trials, and existing customers). Goal of the training and onboarding plans is to drive and establish Lex Machina value, drive usage growth, and increase user engagement.
14. Provide on-going user support via in-person, email, virtual/webinar and telephonic customer interaction
15. Work with customers to implement Lex Machina programs in-house, including Lunch and Learns, webinars, newsletters, internal resource integration, and other programs to ensure that customers are receiving the value they purchased.
16. Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Experience, and GC/Chief Evangelist; to create and implement usage analysis, usage driving programs and individual account usage and support plans. Primary responsibility for strategizing and executing the usage plans.
17. Regularly communicates with Sales Directors assigned to the account to understand account priorities, updated strategy and to provide feedback on recommended service element modifications.
18. Act as the account, product and issue expert in assessing and addressing the overall health of the assigned accounts.
19. Share customer knowledge gathered through regular client interaction with the marketing, product, and sales teams.
20. During training and customer meetings, gather and memorialize account specific use cases to ensure that training, onboarding and support materials encompass how to utilize Lex Machina most effectively in all workflows identified for that specific customer. Goal is to articulate and share a differentiated value message that is tailored to the customer and reinforces the value expected.
21. Communicate account specific use cases to the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success teams.
22. Utilizes all required processes, tools, systems, activity metrics and reporting tools.
23. Review usage to determine areas of opportunity and growth and provide recommendations on the development of customer success resources and tools to drive product awareness, value and adoption.
+ 5 years successful account management, sales, customer training or equivalent experience, preferably with complex legal solutions.
+ Proven success driving technology adoption, usage, and engagement,
+ Proven success renewing, negotiating contracts, and closing business
+ Deep understanding of law firm and in-house operations and trends affecting the legal marketplace.
+ Stay up to date and track current awareness and legal news involving clients, competitors, practice areas, and industries.
+ Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present to an executive-level audience
+ Domain expertise in legal processes preferred. Knowledge of intellectual property, antitrust and securities a plus.
+ Ability to troubleshoot and resolve service related issues.
+ Ability to work cooperatively within a team and across the organization matrix to achieve group and organizational goals.
+ Ability to build strong customer relationships.
+ Excellent communication and presentation skills.
+ Strong business acumen to understand the impact of decisions on the customer base as measured by the Net Promoter Score performance.
+ Strong organizational skills and problem solving.
+ May require local or overnight business travel up to 20%.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please ...@lexisnexis.com.