The Supervisor ? Continuous Improvement is responsible for managing continuous improvements in a complex logistics organization, execution of tactical and strategic projects, and helping to drive the education and effective utilization of continuous improvement and Lean/Six Sigma tools to drive improvements.
The position oversees multiple projects, develops and works with teams to implement process improvements, and assists with change management within the organization to drive the required improvements and enhancements to meet all customer and business needs.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and project teams in a timely and effective manner.
- Lead and facilitate the development and implementation of a continuous improvement culture based on Lean/Six Sigma principles.
- Work with leadership, customers, associates, contractors, and outsourcing firms to facilitate the development of requirements and processes.
- Facilitate cross functional continuous improvement events to drive results.
- Facilitate a learning culture through training and education of continuous improvement tools throughout the organization.
- Monitor KPIs and processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Implement ways to collect operational, voice of the customer, and external performance feedback to drive and ensure improvements are successful.
Quality Management System
- Strongly support, maintain, and update the organization?s Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure it conforms to customer, internal, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure documentation is properly updated/created for process changes or new processes
- Ensure appropriate training and records are properly completed for process changes or new processes.
Operations Team Support
- Assist the operations team when necessary to accomplish the facility goals, including acting as an operations supervisor.
- Be available to fill in and act as an operations supervisor to ensure associates have proper leadership and the business continues to operate efficiently and effectively, including directly managing associates.
- Be an active part of the leadership team.
- Be an active contributor to build, drive, and sustain the desired values and culture.