A small Non-Profit organization based in NYC is seeking a Controller to manage the day to day accounting and all financial reporting for the organization including Grant reporting. The Controller will also sit in on Board Meetings and will be the finance person in the room. Excellent and articulate communication skills are required. This position offers lots of visibility with excellent quality of life is an excellent runway for anyone within the Non-Profit space to gain visibility to a Board of Directors, sit in on these meetings and provide feedback, to leverage for Higher Level positions in this/her future.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years experience within the Non-Profit space working as an Accounting leader such as a Controller, Assistant Controller, or Accounting Manager. Experience with Grant Accounting is a must. FundEZ systems experience is a plus!
If interested in this position please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] with the subject header \"Non-Profit Controller\". - Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Solid understanding of Annual Financial Reporting
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- CPA or MBA preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune magazine s list of World's Most Admired Companies since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.###.#### for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.