Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an eDiscovery Project Manage
r for a Contract assignment with one of our premier Insurance clients in New York, NY.
We are currently seeking an eDiscovery Case Manager to join the IT Litigation Support & Operations team. The individual will be part of an IT team that supports the planning, analysis, preservation, collection, processing, tracking, and production requirements in response to regulatory requests and litigation. The case manager has primary responsibility for managing ediscovery pursuant to the established processes of the e-discovery life cycle. This will require the ability to concurrently lead multiple small to medium matters. The position will coordinate internal legal teams, outside counsel, IT support, and vendors to ensure the best use of technology and workflow processes are in place to accurately and efficiently preserve, collect, deliver, and track electronic information deemed to be discoverable. As required will actively support projects focused on improving efficiency and effectiveness of the end to end process.Responsibilities:
- Provide project leadership and directly support all phases of the EDRM life cycle in support of regulatory and litigation requests.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the search, preservation, collection, processing and tracking of information, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of the tools and capabilities needed to do so across a complex portfolio of enterprise technologies and capabilities.
- Coordinates with ediscovery vendors to ensure all data is processed and loaded as specified.
- Communicates with and effectively manages expectations of project stakeholders ex. attorneys, external law firms, vendors, and other internal departments
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Accounting
- 2 years' experience working in a corporate environment directly managing and executing across all phases of the EDRM life cycle
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both legal and technical staff, and convey complex ideas both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of compliance issues
- Knowledge of matter or case management systems
- Knowledge messaging /communication archive systems
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, compliance, compliance department, court, courtroom, internal, legal, legal affairs, market