Site Reliability Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
About SugarCRM, Inc.
SugarCRM enables businesses to create extraordinary customer relationships with the most empowering, adaptable and affordable customer relationship management (CRM) solution on the market. We are the industry's leading company focused exclusively on customer relationship management. Helping our clients build a unique customer experience through great customer relationships is our sole focus.
Recognized by leading market analysts as a CRM visionary and innovator, Sugar is deployed by more than 2 million individuals in over 120 countries and 26 languages. Companies large and small are turning from yesterday's CRM solutions to rely on Sugar to manage customer relationships.
Where do you fit?
To join our growing team, SugarCRM is currently seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer. This role can be based in one of our U.S.-based offices or remote.
Impact you will make in the role:
* Manage applications in a CentOS Linux-based environment
* Build repeatable infrastructures with Ansible
* Develop and execute plans for rolling out new technologies rapidly
* Improve monitoring infrastructure, build out data aggregation and alerting rules
* Work closely with engineering to build scalable solutions
* Triage tickets raised by our support organization and implement fixes
* Support our private and public cloud environments and customers
* Mentor other members of the Operations team
* Participate in an on-call rotation
Expertise you will bring in:
* BA/BS in Computer Science with Network Engineering or Information Systems emphasis, or equivalent work experience
* Extensive knowledge with container orchestration technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
* 6+ years experience in an Operations or Systems Administration role
* Superior Unix administration skills
* Extensive knowledge of common Internet Protocols
* Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP
* Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies
* Hardware management, network switch and router administration experience
* Experience with Apache, MySQL, and PHP in a production environment at scale
* Strong knowledge of version control systems and hands-on experience with Git
* Experience with writing code around infrastructure automation
* Understanding of how to architect and implement highly available, scalable, and secure network in multiple cloud environments
* Strong affinity and experience in working with continuous deployment and continuous integration environments
* An understanding around micro-service architectures and the complexities around their deployments
* Extensive programming experience in PHP, Ruby, Python, and Shell
* Full stack troubleshooting and instrumentation experience
* Extensive experience with IT automation technologies like Puppet, Salt, Chef, or Ansible
* Experience with data aggregation, alerting, and reporting and supporting technologies such as Sensu and Graphite
Nice to haves:
* Experience in an on-call rotation
* Experience with Elastic Search or Apache Solr
* Experience with Spinnaker and/or other CI/CD tools
* Previous experience as a mentor or advisor
* Current contributor to open source projects (a Github account you can link us to would be ideal)
Location: Cupertino, CA., Raleigh NC., Atlanta, GA, Orlando, FL, or Remote, U.S.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
* Competitive salaries
* Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other benefit plans like 401(k) match
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Wellness Reimbursement Program
* Onsite Programs, depending on location, such as Dry Cleaning, Car Washes, Massage, Yoga, and more
* Career & Personal Development Program - multi-platform
* New Hire Onboarding for all new employees worldwide
* Regular social events
* Ownership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM - you are making an impact now
* We are a merit-based company - many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: SugarCRM does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any SugarCRM employee. SugarCRM will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of SugarCRM and will be processed accordingly.
Loading some great jobs for you...