University College is seeking to hire a Military Portal Administrator to receive and process student submissions of DoD tuition assistance via GoArmyEd and AFVEC. They will analyze registrations to determine if they accurately match TA submissions. The Military Portal Administrator will monitor student registrations and adds/drops throughout the semester and adjust TA records accordingly. They will assist students in managing their accounts through various military portals. This person will ensure appropriate processing of benefits and institutional compliance, which involves reporting grades, uploading degree plans, keeping data up-to-date and troubleshooting on behalf of students.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or higher and previous experience working with military or department of education regulations preferred.
• University experience which required data entry with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is preferred.
• Candidate must be proficient in keyboarding and have Office 365 experience, including Word and Excel.
• Must be detail oriented, attentive and able to multitask.
• Preference for applicants with knowledge of federal Department of Defense and VA education benefit regulations; and experience with PeopleSoft, GoArmyEd, and AFVEC portals.
• Ability to problem solve, work comfortably with individuals who may be frustrated, and demonstrate success in working with diverse populations and those persons with diverse points of view.Job Specific Qualifications
• Capacity for high volume, high pressure, and detail-oriented production.
• Ability to efficiently organize, make decisions, prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work independently and as a team player within a highly computerized environment with frequent daily interruptions.
• Ability to apply policies, rules, and regulations.
• Excellent analytical skills as well as written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Customer service skills.
• Knowledge of basic accounting practices and office procedures.Responsibilities
• Receive, maintain and process student submissions of Department of Defense tuition assistance (TA) via GoArmyEd and the Air Force Virtual Education Center. Analyze registrations in PeopleSoft to determine if they accurately match tuition assistance submissions.
• Assess student financials through accounting functions in PeopleSoft and determine what charges are eligible for Department of Defense funding. Resolve student financial records by placing applicable charges into contract for Department of Defense invoicing via PeopleSoft accounting functions.
• Monitor student activity throughout the semester, troubleshoot and adjust tuition assistance records in GoArmyEd and the Air Force Virtual Education Center accordingly based on Department of Defense memorandum of understanding requirements to ensure institutional compliance.
• Work with students to manage their accounts through various military portals. Reconcile student activity between PeopleSoft and various portals in a timely fashion to ensure appropriate processing of benefits and institutional compliance. Involves reporting of grades, uploading of degree plans, keeping institutional data up to date, submitting help desk tickets and regular trouble shooting of behalf of our students. Understand the complexities of VA regulations and be able to provide detailed yet understandable explanations to students and staff.
• Advise students and other University departments on campus of specific University policies and procedures related to registration and payment at University College to assist students in making informed decisions and avoid future issues. Direct new and current students through the University College Online Registration process for credit and non-credit students. Troubleshoot and solve registration issues that result in student ineligibility to register due to course restrictions and holds.Physical Requirements Tools/Equipment Application Instructions
In addition to completing an online application, please attach a resume and cover letter.About Syracuse University
Syracuse University is a private, international research university with distinctive academics, diversely unique offerings and an undeniable spirit. Located in the geographic heart of New York State, with a global footprint, and nearly 150 years of history, Syracuse University offers a quintessential college experience.
The scope of Syracuse University is a testament to its strengths: a pioneering history dating back to 1870; a choice of more than 200 majors and 100 minors offered through 13 schools and colleges; nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students; more than a quarter of a million alumni in 160 countries; and a student population from all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries. For more information, please visit www.syracuse.edu.
Syracuse is a medium-sized city situated in the geographic center of New York State approximately 250 miles northwest of New York City. The metro-area population totals approximately 500,000. The area offers a low cost of living and provides many social, cultural, and recreational options, including parks, museums, festivals, professional regional theater, and premier shopping venues. Syracuse and Central New York present a wide range of seasonal recreation and attractions ranging from water skiing and snow skiing, hiking in the Adirondacks, touring the historic sites, visiting wineries along the Finger Lakes, and biking on trails along the Erie Canal.