- Upstate Cerebral Palsy
10948 N Gage Rd
The Human Service Practitioner is responsible to oversee group and individual activities, maintain documentation, coordinate the classroom team, plan recreation activities, provide assistance with personal care activities, participate in Agency activities, provide staff orientation and maintain kitchen and supplies.
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
* Responsible for providing leadership to the classroom staff.
* Design, coordinate and implement and monitor group and individual activities in line with treatment goals and plans.
* Develop and maintain all documentation and complete all paperwork as related to each individual's treatment plan, goals, medical history and incidents.
* Coordinate the HSA/RC and School Aide classroom duties and related duties when out of the building.
* Plan and carry out community outings and recreation trips; promote community and environmental awareness.
* Provide a variety of self help activities for individuals including, but not limited to personal hygiene, change of clothing, toileting, feeding, etc.
* Participate in activities as part of the treatment team that may include meetings, trainings and committees.
* Provide orientation to new staff on classroom and related duties.
* Maintain a clean kitchen and heat lunches, maintain supply inventory, assist individuals in boarding or leaving the bus.
* Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency regulations and operating standards.
* High School Degree or equivalent.
* 1-3 years of related experience.
* Basic Computer Skills (Windows, GroupWise 5.5, Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel).
* This position has regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities).
* May be exposed to verbal and physical aggression of people we support.
* Job related tasks involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue or the potential for skin or mucous membrane contact from spills or splashes of these substances.
* Will have exposure to unpredictable people we support and situations when working at sites.
* OSHA Exposure Category I
* While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear and must have fluency in the English language.
* The employee frequently is required to stand, sit and walk and must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
* Employee will work with people we support with disabilities and may be exposed to verbal and physical aggression.
* Employee must have the ability to lift 60lbs.
* Must have the ability to bend, twist, lift and squat, reach with arms, hands and fingers.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people we support with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
WORK CONTACT GROUP
All staff, people we support at sites, visitors, family members, vendors, various regulatory and professional agencies.
SUPERVISED BY: Coordinator* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...