Sales Systems Engineer - NYC
Compensation: $114,175.00 - $170,130.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 12M employees.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Sales Engineer
Location: Greater New York City
As a Zscaler Sales Engineer, you and your Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for helping clients transform their network and application access approach by presenting the Zscaler platform to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
To accomplish this, the Sales Engineer must have a strong technical foundation and a desire to set the vision translating business objectives into enticing and actionable solution design. The sales engineer will act as a trusted technical and business advisor to our clients while aiding the customer's transformational journey.
Expectations of Sales Engineers:
* You are the technical expert who best understands, articulates and evangelizes the Zscaler approach to transforming the way users access private applications and the Internet.
* You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Your presentations and demos for prospects, partners and customers are crisp, informative, and tailored to your audience, be they executives, architects or operators.
* You will connect with peers throughout Zscaler to learn, contribute, and share best practices.
* You own the technical sales process from stem to stern, working in tandem with your regional sales manager to identify, qualify and scope opportunities, build and maintain account and territory plans, and execute proof of concept engagements as needed to convert opportunities into technical victories.
* You're constantly building and maintaining strong relationships with key customer stakeholders as well as the reseller partners and internal Zscaler resources who all contribute to the success of your customers.
What we expect from you:
* Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and 4+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
* Excellent knowledge and proven experience selling to the enterprise customer. Knowledge of enterprise network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web security technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/TLS, GRE and IPsec tunneling, DNS, load balancing, SD-WAN, VPN's, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS), detection of Advanced Threats, malware detonation/sandboxing, killchain, and analytics.
* Proven hands-on experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, macOS, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior GPO, Active Directory/LDAP and SSO/SAML experience desirable)
* Practical experience working with routing and switching products, including troubleshooting;
* You have worked with Channel partners and have a solid understanding of a channel-centric go to market approach.
* You understand SaaS based technologies and their implications for the enterprise.
* Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under pressure.
What you can expect from us:
* An environment where you will be learning cutting edge technologies and architectures
* A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
* Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
* Zscaler is the world's leading software-as-a-service security platform
* We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
* We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
* Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
* Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn
Associated topics: infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, system engineer, system specialist, system technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...